Mr Heater MH18B “Big Buddy” Heater
The good old Mr. Heater had been evolved further, in the body of Big Buddy Heater. It’s not an electric heater – it runs on gas, but is one of the best selling market participant at the moment it definitely has achieved enough to be reviewed. Some doubts might arise when deciding for a gas heater, obviously the most important is the safety factor which the engineers tried to cover with built-in safety features:
The Mr Heater portable “Big Buddy Heater” abolishes all the safety concerns which arise while deciding about a gas heater. To counter these concerns, the Mr Heater is featuring an oxygen sensor automatically turning the unit off before the carbon monoxide levels reach dangerous levels in the area where the portable heater is operated.
The heating power is just unbelievable 15,000BTUs, which can heat 400 square feet area for up to 220 hours on one tank of gas with low thermostate setting.
The Big Buddy heater is equipped with a blower fan, which can be powered from A/C adapor or by 4 pieces of size D batteries.
Adjustable heat settings provides the right ammount of heating power for the current needs.
Since it is a gas heater and outputs large amounts of radiant heat it is extremely important to obey the safety guidelines. Avoid putting flammable objects in the heater’s close area and also advised to have a carbon monoxide sensor/alarm enabled in the room when leaving the heater on for a night.
- Swivel regulators and single control.
- Safety shutdown on low oxygen levels sensored.
- Accidental tip-over safety portable heater shutdown.
- Approved by the laws of state California.
- Able to heat up to 400 square feet of area.
- Battery or A/C powered heated air blower fan.
- Built-in Piezo starter for easy starts.
- Key-shaped mounting holes at the back of the heater for wall mounting.
- Large four position knob for adjusting heat levels even with gloves.